Friday, March 5, 2010

Too much inspiration, not enough perspiration

I've decided on a name for my current affliction. See above. Lately, I find myself perusing other blogs (for hours on end!), purchasing craft kits (to add to my collection of unused craft kits), and ordering more homeschool materials...all because they inspire me! I am on fire with inspiration! Only problem is, I have to actually do something with it all. I could be inspired for the entire school year and we still wouldn't have a whole lot to show off. Sad, but true.

What, oh what is the cure for this affliction? Discipline. I cringe but say it again...discipline. Self-discipline. Methinks I've just found my nemesis.

I'm going to try something: I'm going to post a goal on this blog (for my countless followers...hee hee) and then I'm going to post whether or not I have completed or attained the goal. Let's get a little perspiration going here! Okay...first goal is organizing the homeschool/arts/crafts stuff downstairs. I'm going to post a before picture either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday and then start tackling it. My ultimate aim is for the domino effect of an organized downstairs family room, then laundry room and then master bedroom closet. That probably doesn't seem to make much sense but I'll fill you in as I go.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hear you. I've been watching "Hoarders" on A&E, I think. It's inspired me to declutter. Problem is, I just can't stand to throw away stuff that someone could use but Goodwill won't take, or stuff that's "too nice" to donate. I've decided that I'm going to have a garage "sale" where everything is free, invite my buddies one Friday and open it up to everyone on Saturday.

I started yesterday on the boxes of clutter (mostly paper) stuff I stash away whenever we are having company! I always promise myself I'll get to the box *right after* the guests leave; after all, the house is clean, what else do I have to do? (ha) But somehow those boxes just keep multiplying, and never get put away. Sigh.

Good for you for getting started. Sorry about your nasty fall!