Monday, March 15, 2010

Farewell, Spring Break...







It is with great sadness that we bid adieu to a school-free week. In some ways it seemed to go by like greased lightning but, at the same time, our last day of school seems really long ago. I'm pleased by what I was able to accomplish during the break but I'm not sure that I'm ready for the school routine to start up again. For one thing, that hour we were robbed of last night has really done me in! I'm tired! I know, I know... I just love this time of night when there's no one else awake but me and no one needs anything from me. My hands, hips and lap are free!

Sammy's first birthday was today! I was able to sew her the traditional Puppy Towel at the traditional last minute and I think it came out very cute. We invited our neighbors, her Godparents, over for cake and ice cream and they brought her some books, among them the Corduroy board book and stuffy to go with it. Very nice gifts! We gave her a harbor seal Folkmanis puppet as well. Her cake was chocolate, of course, round, encircled by cupcakes like a flower. The middle had chocolate frosting covered by coconut and rainbow sprinkles and the cupcakes were also frosted and sprinkled with pink sugar. The birthday girl wore a sleeveless white dress with ladybugs on it and red tights. She also wore a tiara for a short time which she tolerated surprisingly well! She seemed to know that it was HER day and regaled us all with cherub cheeks and dimpled smiles. Goodbye infant, hello baby!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Very cute towel! You are talented.