Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crafty




I like to wile away the winter hours with quick projects like those above. This year I tried felting soap. I got the idea from Family Fun magazine, where I've gotten so very many other cute ideas. I actually had to stop subscribing to the magazine because I had stockpiled a surplus of crafts I want to try! I love natural fibers and thought the felted soap would make unique gifts. I did have some trouble with it. The hardest part was getting the contrasting stripe to stick to the main color. I suspect that needle felting would work, if I knew how to do it.




I bought a kit for the little pixie doll at my favorite local toy store, Enchanted Forest Toys. I just think they are so darn cute!! And I thought Sammy would be able to grab onto a small, squishy doll. She does seem to like it but I think a cotton yarn might be friendlier to her little gums so I intend to try a cotton version.

No comments: