Sunday, May 4, 2008

Warning: TJEd May be Dangerous to Your Health!!

I spent hours and hours organizing my bookshelves on Saturday. I had what I thought was a brilliant idea - to make more room on the shelves by grouping books of the same subject in tubs, like unit studies. I stacked and I piled and I went and bought tubs. By midnight, I had the shelves all nicely organized with classics. I'm not sure whether it was last night or this morning that I noticed the bottom shelf had fallen and was resting comfortably on the books below it. Okay, that was frustrating but not that bad. I tried to lift the shelf and put the pegs back in... big mistake. The shelf above it fell on my hand. Still not that bad, just a tiny cut and a few choice words. What happened next, I'm not entirely sure, but a chain of events occurred in which all but the very top shelf cascaded down onto my head and then books ended up all over the floor. See picture. I had to apologize to Matthew and Ethan for the hissy fit that followed. :( Fellow homeschoolers, this is what happens when you have too darn many books!!! Now I'm faced with taking every book out and trying to find pegs that fit tighter so this never happens again!

2 comments:

kastn said...

Bridget, I love this idea (actually both, the blog and organizing :) Where do you find the time!! We have finally moved into the house!! I am pretty excited, but exhauted and have had enough of packing, unpacking and organizing. Maybe one of these days, I will get "it" together enough to email out some photos! Miss you guys.

Susan said...

I know this was a long time ago now, but it made me chuckle. Poor thing!