Sunday, February 21, 2010

Public School- Different ain't it? (Daniel)

On my first day of public school for 5 years I felt like I did on my first day of kindergarten- scared and a little bit weirded out by all the people. West Valley High was the most crowded place I'd been in for a long time. Looking back on the first day I realize it must have seemed more crowded because I was about shoulder height to everyone else. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The teachers were nice, and, once I got to know them, the people were nice too. And, a semester later, Here I am! I have a lot of friends, I ski after school, and I get good grades. I look forward to World History Honors and English Honors next year, which I hope won't be to hard! German is especially fun: Ich habe mien Deutschclasse gern. Ihre seit verruckt. Skiing is going well. We just had Regional Championships in which I beat 3 people in the 10k, Although my team did come last in the 4X5k relay. I think I'm doing pretty well!

2 comments:

A Night Owl's Musings said...

Wow, Daniel, I didn't even know you got on here! You're like the stealth blogger or something! :)

Susan said...

I enjoyed reading your experience, Daniel. So are you glad to be in public school? If yes, do you wish you'd started earlier, or do you think high school was a good time to make the switch? I hope you continue to do well. I know you will.